Wyzowl’s annual State of Video Marketing Survey, gathered by a survey of 613 unique respondents in December 2018, reveals some fascinating statistics about how businesses are using video in their marketing strategies.
Some stats we found particularly interesting:
- 87% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool (a rise from 63% in 2017, and 81% in 2018.)
- 83% of marketers say video gives them a good ROI (up from 78% in 2018.)
- 99% of marketers say they will continue to use video in 2019.
- 96% of people say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them increase traffic to their website.
- 81% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 48% of people said they’d be most likely to share video content with their friends, ahead of any other type of content. Video came out ahead of social media posts (23%), news articles (16%), blog posts (5%) and product pages (3%).